Monday, April 25, 2011

Montagnard/Dega Project: Dance and Music

   4) include a statement about what you think you still need or want to learn in order for your project to be successful, and 5) identify someone or a group in the Montagnard community you would want to work with to learn what you need/want to learn and express via a digital story.



As far as the Montagnard/Dega project, My interests lie in the areas of dance and how it pertains to culture. I would like to see how dance in the United States differs from Montagnard/Dega dance as well as what they may have in common. 


To work with, I already have some articles offering a general overview of Montagnard/Dega culture, as well as reviews and music files of Mondega, the Montagnard hip hop artist. The music affects the dancing in every culture, and as such, I hope to figure out more about what traditional Montagnard dance is like and also figure out how western culture has influenced it and how young Montagnard people have adapted to our music and dance. Here is how I hope it works...


I think for my project to be successful I need to leanr more about Montagnard dance and perhaps learn one or two of the dances themselves and listen to more Montagnard music as well as listen to some Montagnard music that has undergone Americanization. I would  definitely need to meet with a Montagnard dancer. 


Dance is the universal language after all..

No comments:

Post a Comment